Instead of the old-fashioned mechanisms that are already in place, there should be a network that allows for the skill development of millions upon millions of young people in India, and this network should cover the entire country.
They need to9 acquire the abilities that will allow them to contribute to India's evolution into a modern nation. Their talents ought to be praised wherever they go, regardless of the country they visit.
Apprenticeship training is one of the most effective ways to develop skilled labor for industry. This method uses the training facilities already present in the establishments, so there is no additional financial strain placed on the exchequer to set up a training infrastructure. Those who have undergone apprenticeship training can readily adapt to the milieu of an industrial workplace when they begin regular employment.
National Apprenticeship Promotion Program
Apprenticeship training is regarded as one of the most effective means of developing skilled labor for the nation. It provides a practice-oriented, industry-led, effective, and efficient approach to formal training. The purpose of the National Apprenticeship Promotion scheme is to encourage apprenticeship training across the nation.
Employers will receive 25% of the prescribed stipend, up to a maximum of Rs. 1,500 per month per apprentice, according to the scheme. The government of India would also provide Basic Training Providers with a maximum of Rs. 7500 for each fresher apprentice (without any formal trade training).
The program went into effect on October 1, 2016. Employers who hired an apprentice prior to October 1, 2016, will be eligible for program benefits on October 1, 2016.
The Objective of the Plan
According to the post on the National Apprenticeship Promotion Program (NAPS) rule, the government aims to give apprenticeship training to 47 lakh youngsters by 2020. Under the program, the Government of India will provide 25% of the monthly stipend, up to a maximum of Rs. 15,00 per apprentice. The government of India would also provide essential training providers with a maximum of Rs. 7500 for each fresher apprentice (without any formal trade training). The program began on October 1, 2016. Employers who hired apprentices prior to October 1, 2016, will be eligible for program benefits on October 1, 2016.
The Qualifications to participate in the National Apprenticeship Promotion Programme
The following is a list of the eligibility criteria that must be met in order to participate in the National Apprenticeship Promotion scheme:
- The candidate has entered into an apprenticeship contract with the employer for apprenticeship training. They can be recruited from the following categories-
- Trainees who have graduated from ITI courses/ dual learning mode from ITI/ completed PMKVY/ minimum educational qualification required for trade have yet to receive formal training.
- Needs registration on the portal.
- Mandatory Aadhar number
- Must meet the age, educational, and physical standards specified for the trade and the business's minimum age and academic and physical qualification.
- The upper age limit for new apprentices is 21 years old. The number of apprentices must reach 20% of the annual quota.
The Advantage of the National Apprenticeship Training Program
The NATS, which is available to students notion wide provides a variety of benefits-
- In India, the National Apprenticeship Scheme is a twelve-month program for all students.
- It will provide the nation’s youth with technical expertise.
- The program equips students with the knowledge and skills required for their chosen profession.
- The organization gives the trainees with training on the job site.
- Due to the well-developed training modules and skilled managers, trainees pick up the task quickly and thoroughly.
Approaches to make the NAPS or National Apprenticeship Promotion Program work-
- Youth Education- How do we make it seem like a desirable goal to become an apprentice? If they are marketed correctly, apprenticeships have the potential to be just as effective as internships. It is impossible to restrict it to students at it ITI or polytechnics. Applicants who have participated in short-term training programs such as PMKVy or state skill development missions should be able to take advantage of apprenticeship opportunities to further their professional development.
- Use current infrastructure- Some technical training institutions, such as RVTIs and ITI, need the financial means to purchase the most recent equipment, tools, and technology. An apprenticeship allows skilled individuals to expand their practical knowledge and get familiar with the most up-to-date industry requirements.
- Apprenticeships are not low-cost labor- The widespread perception that apprenticeships are exclusively found in the manufacturing business restricts the program's viability as a route to employment in the organized sector, especially in the service industry. Apprenticeship is currently employed in a variety of fields, including customer service, sales, and logistics, among others.
- The Micro, Small, and Medium-Sized Business (MSME) difficulty- Several MSME businesses continue to employ unskilled or semi-skilled laborers. Recruiting skilled individuals is not a priority for them because they can meet their demands without incurring the expense of training them. But they must be made aware that their output continues to fall below quality and industry norms. It may be challenging to convince them to accept apprentices, but they can be won over via systematic teaching about the long-term benefits and incentives.
- Not restricted to manufacturing- Apprenticeships are limited as a tool for organized sector employment, particularly in the services industry, due to the common perception that they are associated with manufacturing. Apprentices are employed in customer service, sales, logistics, and other fields.
- Apprenticeship regulations should be loosened- Now, the legal aspects of apprenticeship that could hinder its wider acceptance are being re-examined (a reference to Apprenticeship Protsahan Yojana). We need an approach that encourages the sector, training partners, and candidates to adopt apprenticeship models without fear of strict labor regulations, excessive paperwork, and excessive regulations.
We must investigate adaptable and interoperable methods of incorporating apprenticeship programs into existing training and development programs. This is the most effective method for increasing the value of skilled professions and promoting diverse avenues for skill-based training to have a lasting impact on the lives of young people.
Looking forward to implementing NAPS in your organization? 2COMS can help you implement it with case while you stay compliant with the labour laws. Not to mention you get financial benefits. Ask us how! Visit https://www.2coms.com/ today.